Degree from a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO)
This page outlines the step-by-step process for completing your application to a Master's programme at Utrecht University. Please read this information thoroughly before starting your application.
This is a selective Master's programme. Higher professional education (hbo-diploma) applicants will be assessed on an individual basis. Only applicants with a remarkable track record will be considered. Previous education will have to relate to the content of the Master’s programme.
To be considered for admission to the Master's programme Medical Imaging you must hold a Bachelor's degree of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences can demonstrate:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
Bachelor’s programmes that most likely meet the requirements are:
- Applied Physics
- Applied Science
- Biology with a theoretical Bioinformatics Minor
- Biomedical Sciences with a relevant and sufficient Science Minor
- Other relevant Science programmes
- Relevant knowledge, insight and skills
In depth knowledge and insight in the field of physics, mathematics, computer science or more applied sciences.
- Academic performance: high overall score (GPA, average grade, grading tables), and high grades for relevant courses*.
- High level of academic competences, specifically:
- Study progress (e.g.grade development over the years)*
- The ability to design, carry out, and report on research projects*
- Personal competences
- A clear motivation and talent for participation in this Master’s programme.
- Genuine research interest in the field of medical imaging in the broadest sense, including the physics behind medical imaging acquisition, medical image analysis, and applications in science, in the clinic, and in industry.
- A broad interest in combining elements from physics, mathematics, computer science, biomedical engineering, biology, and clinical medicine
- Relevant extracurricular activities
- Oral and written proficiency in English at an advanced level (view below).
*If you fail to meet some of the requirements 3-4, please indicate why you feel you are still eligible for admission in your motivation letter
The Admissions Committee reviews all requests for admission and selects students that meet the entry requirements. The Admissions Committee also assesses whether you will be able to successfully complete the Master’s programme within the set time frame. This means the decision on your application is based on a thorough analysis.
You will receive a written notification of the decision of the Admissions Committee. You will be notified if you still have to fulfil certain conditions.
English language requirements
As a graduate from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences you do not have to fulfil any extra language requirements for this programme.
You can contact the Programme Coordinator with questions about your eligibility.
Utrecht University is not offering a pre-master's programme for Medical Imaging.
|Application deadline for scholarship candidates|
|Application deadline for Non-EU passport holders|
|Application deadline for EU passport holders|
Your application is complete when you have (1) fully submitted your OSIRIS application, (2) uploaded all required documents and (3) paid the application fee (if applicable). After the deadline has passed, incomplete applications will be cancelled.
If you need an early admissions decision in order to apply for scholarships, you should submit your application before December 1. In addition, please send proof of your scholarship application to the Biomedical Administration Office: email@example.com.
The following documents must be uploaded before the application deadline:
Diploma or certified graduation statement (with graduation date and without any conditions)
Certified transcript (including courses, grades and GPA)
Please make sure the document has a stamp/signature and contact information of the institute.
Course information. Please provide a detailed description of coursework in the relevant field of science.
Referent contact information. Please provide name, institution, function, address, email, phone no. of two academic referents.
Visit Studielink and complete the online enrolment application.
Afterward, you will receive login details for OSIRIS online application, where you can upload the required documents. You can find all information on how to use Studielink here.
After submitting your application to Studielink, you will receive an email with login details for OSIRIS Online Application. Here you can upload all required documents and check the status of your application.
After you upload all documents in OSIRIS, the Graduate School will evaluate them. We strive to inform you of our decision within 20 working days.
If you are admitted, your admission letter will describe the next steps towards enrollment. In most cases your admission is conditional, which means you will have to send additional documents or complete more steps.