Are you wondering what the influence of the coronavirus will be on your studies? Visit our corona FAQ for prospective students.
Do you ever wonder….
• How you can design and evolve the software systems we use in servers, laptops, smartphones, and wearables?
• How an organization can make effective use of the sheer amount of data and derive actionable insights?
• How you can model, extract, and implement the business processes that make organizations work?
If you are interested in questions like these, then the Business Informatics Master’s programme at Utrecht University might be your choice!
Successfully aligning ICT with business processes
Organisations often run into problems when implementing new ICT systems. It is vital for them to rely on professionals who do not only know technologies but are also able to implement them in an organisation. Both technological and organisational insights are indispensable for successfully aligning ICT with business processes.
Combines information and computing science
The MBI programme focuses on the design and use of theories, methods, techniques, and tools from information and computing sciences, and on the application of these in business and organisational domains. This requires a holistic approach that considers the organisation as a whole to ensure that business and ICT are properly aligned.
One program, many themes
Business informatics is a broad field, and the students are encouraged to specialize by choosing one specific theme as primary throughout their studies:
Software: How to design and maintain the complex software products that are used by millions of users?
Data: How to enable organizations to collect, clean, summarize, analyze, and visualize data in order to derive actionable insights?
Processes: How to manage, design, discover, and embed the business processes that are the heart of successful organizations?
- Degree: This Master's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- Title: MSc
- Master's degree in: Information Science
- Programme: Business Informatics
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Croho code:
- Language of instruction:
- Part- or full-time status:
- 2 years
- Credits: 60 credits equals one year full-time study load (European Credit Transfer System, ECTS)
- Start of studies:
- Application deadline:
- February: Dutch & EU/EEA students: 15 October
- February: Non-EU/EEA students: 1 September
- September: Dutch & EU/EEA students: 1 June
- September: Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April
- Tuition fees:
- Graduate school:
- Natural Sciences