Financial markets play a key role in the stability and prosperity of economies, governments and organisations, with profound effect on the individual and society as a whole. Are you fascinated by the dynamic context of today’s financial markets, and do you want to make a positive impact on the future of international finance and banking? Then the Master’s in Banking and Finance at Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is the programme for you.
Watch the video of the Banking and Finance Programme.
Based on Utrecht University’s research expertise, this unique and state-of-the-art Finance Master’s gives you a deep understanding of the interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets and financial institutions.
Content of the programme
In the Master in Banking and Finance you will focus on:
- investment banking in international financial markets
- regulation of banks and other financial institutions worldwide
- central bank policies and commercial banks’ strategic allocation, funding and investment decisions
- risk management and the sustainability of financial systems and investments.
Read more about the study programme.
CFA University Affiliated Program
The MSc programme in Banking and Finance is part of the CFA Institute® University Affiliation Programme. As such, this Master’s programme is a good choice for students interested in enrolling in the CFA Programme and obtaining the CFA charter, the designation of excellence in the investment community. U.S.E. can offer scholarships to outstanding master students to undertake CFA exams at a special price.
[Read the press release for more information]
This MSc in Banking and Finance provides you with:
- the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for a career in Finance;
- the opportunity to specialise in fields like investment banking and financial regulation;
- a chance to develop quantitative and coding skills and learn how to use them in financial applications;
- the opportunity to apply theory in practice with real-world case studies, research projects based on your interests, theses internships, and career events;
- the opportunity to take part in debates in the Sustainable Finance Lab (SFL) and in the European Centre for Alternative Finance (ECAF), both of which are hosted at U.S.E..
Upon completion of the MSc in Banking and Finance you are prepared for a wide range of positions in (international) financial institutions: central and commercial banks, consulting firms, investment funds, hedge funds, insurance firms, pension funds or financial market regulators. Read more about possible career prospects.
Do you want to know if you are eligible for this Master? Check the entry requirements.
- Degree: This Master's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- Title: MSc
- Master's degree in: International Economics and Business
- Programme: Banking and Finance
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Croho code:
- Language of instruction:
- Part- or full-time status:
- 1 year
- Credits: 60 credits equals one year full-time study load (European Credit Transfer System, ECTS)
- Start of studies:
- Application deadline:
- Dutch & EU/EER students: 1 June 2019
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April 2019
- Tuition fees:
- Law, Economics and Governance
- Graduate school:
- Law, Economics and Governance