You can create your own Master’s programme of 120 European Credits (EC). The components of the programme can be followed in any given order, except for the obligatory Fundamentals course.
The course part of this programme consists of 15 EC compulsory courses and 12 EC elective courses.
- Fundamentals of Neuroscience and Cognition (55 students): Lectures, practicals, written assignment
- Major Internship (individual): Practical work, written report, oral presentation
- Minor Internship (individual): Practical work, written report, oral presentation
- Writing Assignment (individual): Written report
- Seminars (individual)
- Electives (12-30 students): Lectures, practicals, written assignment, oral/poster presentation
The Master's in Neuroscience and Cognition starts with a 10-week obligatory course for all 55 accepted students. Thereafter, students will design their own individualised study paths.
The Fundamentals of Neuroscience and Cognition course is graded using a final exam and a written assignment. The Major and Minor Internships are assessed based on the quality of the practical work, the written report and the oral presentation. The writing assignment is graded based on the written report. Electives differ in examination.
Are you looking for an extra challenge?Utrecht University offers several honours programmes for students looking for an extra challenge. Honours education is followed on top of your regular Master’s programme and goes beyond the regular curriculum. Honours programmes are available at both faculty and interdisciplinary level and allow you to go deeper into subjects or work on projects that transcend your own discipline.