Are you curious how you can adapt computing devices to individual users? How you can think of entirely new approaches to the interactions between human and machine? Or what AI can learn from us and what we can learn from AI?
Combines Information and Computing Sciences and Psychology
Computing is everywhere nowadays: from mobile phone apps and personal trackers to robots. All these devices must be adapted to individual users. This research Master’s programme combines the perspectives of Information and Computing Sciences and Psychology to do just that.
Strong links to research
The programme gives a solid methodological and technological basis, with strong links to research. Your research will centre around the question: How can we best utilize technology in real-world settings? To find the answer, you will not only consider the effectivity and efficiency of systems; but, also AI and user experiences.
You’ll work on three unique topics:
- Human-Centred Artificial Intelligence
- Personalized, Empathic Computing
- Persuasive Technology
You’ll test research theory in our three labs.
Why in Utrecht
- At the start of the programme, you will be guided in the design of your personal study plan. You can choose from a broad range of courses, including topics such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), wearable and mobile computing, and persuasive communication.
- In this small-scale programme there is plenty of attention for individual students, and the programme has an informal atmosphere between students and lecturers.
- As HCI is a research programme, this will form a large part of the curriculum. Two of the four mandatory courses focus on research methods.
- Information Science (MSc)
- Language of instruction:
- Mode of study:
- Study duration:
- 2 years
- September, February
- Tuition fees:
- Dutch and other EU/EEA students (statutory fee, full-time) 2023-2024: € 2,314
Non-EU/EEA students (institutional fee) 2023-2024: € 21,736
More information about fees
- Croho code:
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Graduate school:
- Natural Sciences
- Request a brochure