The School of Law has twelve institutes, research institutes and -centres.
The six institutes each cover a specific field of the legal discipline concerned, they conduct research and provide education. The institutes are:
The School of Law also acts as the secretariat for the following (national) research institutes:
The G.J. Wiarda Institute accommodates all the School of Law research.
Several service departments (in Dutch only) support the education and research.
- Prof. Ige Dekker - Chairman of the Board, Head of the School of Law
- Annie Tummers - Commercial Director
- Prof. John Vervaele - Director of Research
- Marian Joseph, LLM - Director of Education
- Anne van Onna - Student Member
The School of Law is located in a number of historical buildings at the heart of Utrecht’s city centre. For more information see our contact details.