Join our webinar on Tuesday 24 October from 15:00-16:00 (UTC +2).
Information-driven in a diverse society
Software systems enable us to do things that would otherwise be difficult, time-consuming, or even impossible. In the Master’s programme Computing Science, you will learn the advanced concepts, software design methods, problem-solving techniques, and analytic skills necessary to create information-driven systems and applications for our diverse society.
Within the programme, you can select one of four tracks:
- Programming Technology
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Advanced Planning and Decision Making
- Algorithmic Data Analysis
The programme is research oriented. You will explore theories and techniques in computing science and software design as well as participate in the research done to advance the field.
To successfully design software, you first need to describe and analyse the relevant domain and its properties using language, modeling, or data. You then need to develop suitable software technologies and algorithms to derive the outcomes you want to achieve. Finally, you need an easy and efficient way to implement these components and turn them into an actual application.
You will learn to analyse and develop the concepts, design methods, and techniques underlying all of these steps.
Examples of applications you may explore include:
- the optimal routing of electricity from producers to consumers
- process mining of hospital patient careflow data to improve efficiency and quality of patient care
- advanced technologies for developing correct and efficient software
- Degree: This Master's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- Title: MSc
- Master's degree in: Informatica
- Programme: Computing Science
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Croho code:
- Language of instruction:
- Part- or full-time status:
- 2 years
- Credits: 60 credits equals one year full-time study load (European Credit Transfer System, ECTS)
- Start of studies:
- When to apply:
- Tuition fees:
- Graduate school:
- Natural Sciences