Epidemiology of Animal Infectious Diseases
''Learn to design an animal health surveillance scheme.''
Infectious diseases are an important cause of disease burden in animals, as well as humans. You will learn techniques and theory of veterinary epidemiology of animal infectious diseases, including mathematical modelling, design and analysis of infectious disease animal transmission experiments, infectious disease risk mapping, risk assessment and disease surveilllance.
- Start date(s):
- 3 May 2021
- Time investment:
- two weeks of five full working days
- Department of Farm Animal Health
- Faculty of Medicine
- Partner organisation:
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Fee: This fee is exempt from VAT
- € 870
- Extra information:
Due to the Covid-19 measures this course will take place online, fulltime.
- To understand the basic concepts in infectious disease epidemiology. R0, epidemic growth rate, generation time, SIR-model, transmission coefficient and infectious period.
- To be able to analyze infectious disease data
- Estimation of R0, epidemic growth rate, infectious period from field (sero) prevalence data,
- transmission experiments,
- To unsterstand the basic concepts of infectious disease risk mapping
- To know how to perform both qualitative and quantitative risk assessments,
- To design an animal health surveillance scheme.
Please contact our Educational Office: