Teaching in tutorials and seminars
This course is intended for those with teaching duties (phd candidates, postdocs and starting teachers). In this course, you develop practical skills in selecting and handling teaching methods. You also learn how to make effective and attractive study tasks. The emphasis is on teaching in tutorials and seminars.
- Suitable for:
- People with teaching duties (phd candidates, postdocs and starting teachers)
- Start date(s):
- This course has not been scheduled yet. Please contact us if you are interested.
- Onderwijsadvies & Training
- Fee: This fee is exempt from VAT
- € 780,- ( UU staff*) / €830 (external)
Online, face-to-face, or blended?
Our course offering can be provided in an online, blended, or face-to-face format. The content below is based on face-to-face contact. Should the course be (partially) provided online, the course will be adapted where necessary to ensure it will fit the online format and results in comparable learning outcomes. Naturally, these adaptations will be done in conjunction with the customer.
Content of this course
Central questions are:
- How can I motivate and activate my students?
- How can I explain concepts clearly and effectively?
- How do I ask meaningful questions and give meaningful answers?
- What to do in difficult didactical situations?
- How to design a varied and inspiring seminar?
The participants develop practical skills in selecting and handling teaching methods and how they can make effective and attractive study tasks. During the meetings participants practice with their own teaching materials and reflect on situations which can occur or have already occurred in their own teaching practice. Participants prepare for the exercises partly in advance.
In addition to the course-based meetings it is possible to organize visits by the instructor to actual teaching by the participant. The participant will receive feedback from the instructor.
Dates and Registration
This course has not been scheduled yet. Please contact us via the button below if you are interested.
* Are you a PhD student at the UU and are you registered in My PhD? Then you may be reimbursed for this course. Please contact your Graduate School about this.
About Educational Consultancy & Professional Development
Educational Consultancy & Professional Development translates academic insights into the daily practice of teaching. As a teaching professional you can come to us throughout the course of your career for training, advice and solutions tailored to your specific teaching-related needs. Visit our website.
Educational Consultancy & Professional Development
+31 30 253 32 24