Postdoc position in Statistics – Detecting and Classifying Misspecification in Structural Equation Modeling using Machine Learning (1.0 FTE)
- Uren per week:
- 38 tot 38
- Faculteit of dienst:
- Faculteit Sociale Wetenschappen
- Methode en Statistiek
- Uiterlijk reageren op:
The research project lead by dr. David Goretzko aims at developing new methods for model fit evaluation in structural equation modeling using different tools from computational statistics, i.e., machine learning modeling and optimization. These methods should help applied researchers detecting misspecified (measurement) models while also assisting them with model re-specification. Besides, there will be various opportunities to collaborate with other researchers from within and outside the department. Also there will be 20% teaching load.
Job tasks/ responsibilities:
- data simulation for model training and evaluation;
- supervised machine learning/ deep learning modeling or implementation of optimization routines;
- co-authorship of academic articles (including first authored publications);
- overseeing the day-to-day running of the project;
- dissemination of the project’s outcomes;
- collaboration with (inter)national partners;
- teaching courses related to methodology and statistics (20% teaching load).
The ideal candidate for the position will be a recent PhD graduate who:
- is interested in the project domain and has first experience with latent variable modeling as well as statistical learning/ predictive modeling;
- has excellent methodological and analytical skills;
- has substantive knowledge of statistical programming (R and/or Python);
- works well in teams;
- is able and willing to support in teaching activities and/or to (co-)supervise master and PhD candidates.
We offer a fulltime position for a period of 2.5 years in an international working environment. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,960 and €5,349 (scale 10/11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year.
In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). For more information, please visit working at Utrecht University.
Over de organisatie
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is one of the leading faculties in Europe providing research and academic teaching in cultural anthropology, educational sciences, interdisciplinary social science, pedagogical sciences, psychology, and sociology. Almost 7.000 students are enrolled in a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programmes. The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences has some 1100 faculty and staff members, all providing their individual contribution to the training and education of young talent and to the research into and finding solutions for scientific and societal issues. The department is located at Utrecht Science Park in the Sjoerd Groenman building.
Do you have any questions, or do you require additional information? Please contact:
Dr. David Goretzko (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the department manager: Kevin van Kats (k.vanKats@uu.nl)
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
To apply, please send your application via the ‘apply’ button.
Applications should include:
- a curriculum vitae including a list of your publications and/or other research outputs;
- a letter of motivation (1 page max), outlining their suitability for this position;
- contact information of two references.
If you know someone who is suitable for this position, please feel free to share this job opening with them.
Acquisition as a result of this job opening is not appreciated. Employment agencies should not respond.
Uiterlijk reageren op 10 april 2023.