The Utrecht Institute of Linguistics (UiL OTS) invites applications for a Postdoc position in Formal Semantics. You will be participating in the project the Formal Semantics of Collective Categorization (ROCKY). This project is funded by the European Union, by way of an ERC advanced Grant awarded to Prof. Yoad Winter at Utrecht University, the Netherlands. The project develops models of collective reference that are theoretically grounded in linguistic, cognitive and computational theories of meaning.
ROCKY is currently offering a Postdoc position with 1 April 2020 as the intended starting date. The successful candidate will work in a team with the PI and other project members, in collaboration with Prof. James Hampton (Psychology, City, University of London). We are looking for a Postdoc researcher with expertise in experimental, computational or theoretical approaches to formal semantics of natural language.
- Carry out research in formal semantics, in collaboration with the ROCKY team.
- Regular presentation of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences.
- Publication of peer-reviewed articles in established international journals or conference proceedings, possibly in collaboration with other project members.
- Help with organizational tasks connected to the project, such as the organization of conferences and workshops.
- If applicable, help with the supervision of PhD candidates and research assistants in the project.