This course, which is taught in English, will address the following topics:
- How to prepare a presentation (determining the aim of the presentation; considering the audience; deciding on content & structure)
- How to give a presentation (verbal and nonverbal aspects; stress management; audiovisual materials)
- How to participate in an international conference (intercultural communication; formulating and answering questions; taking part in a discussion; chairing a session)
- Special attention will be paid to tips & tricks for non-native speakers of English (pronunciation, use of compensation strategies etc.)
Participants give two presentations each and will receive extensive feedback; their contributions will also be videotaped. Participants will also practice other roles they may be asked to play at international conferences.
- This course will probably be scheduled in the spring of 2018.
The course is in English.
The costs are €775,- (UU staff) / €920,- (other participants).
This course represents 0.5 EC.
Please contact Educational Development & Training:
030 253 2261