Utrecht University Business Course
THE U/SELECT PROGRAMME
U/Select (Utrecht Selective Life Sciences Extracurricular Track) is the Life Sciences Honours Programme for selected students of the Graduate School of Life Sciences. It is a two-year extracurricular programme for excellent student who seek to broaden their horizon and who want to get more out of their Master’s programme.
The goals of U/Select are:
- to broaden and deepen your study programme in extra and special learning experiences;
- to be part of a community of excellent students in life sciences;
- to be able to write a research proposal and execute this during your minor research abroad;
- to have a better start position for the next step in your (study) career;
- to build your network beyond your own Master’s programme.
LIFE SCIENCES REPRESENTATIVES
Master’s students of the Graduate School of Life Sciences are organised in the ‘Life Sciences Representatives’. Life Sciences Representatives (LSR) is a student initiative to represent the interests and rights of all Master’s students of the Graduate School of Life Sciences (GSLS) in Utrecht University.
The LSR consists of at least one Master’s student of every programme within the School. All student members of the Educational Committee (EC) and Board of Studies (BoS) are members of the LSR. In addition, at least one representative of the LS-associated student associations will take place in the LSR.
- Represent the interests of all Master’s students of the GSLS at the educational level
- Feedback between the student members of the EC and BoS and the rest of the students
- Identify problems Master’s students experience within the course of their studies and try to resolve them, either by:
- reporting and discussing the problems or complaints in the EC, BoS or programme coordinator meetings
- taking direct action or passing on the problem to those who are fit to handle it
for more functions and / or information you can send an email to LSR@umcutrecht.nl.
We offer several summer school courses. See www.utrechtsummerschool.nl for more information.
Are you curious, entrepreneurial, intellectually versatile, socially responsible? Do you want to get more out of your Master's programme, and learn to work across disciplinary boundaries to both research and actively (co-)create innovative initiatives that will make the world a slightly better place? Then the Young Innovators honoursprogramme (15 EC) might be of interest to you!
Three core areas of research and innovation
The programme will focus on exploring and designing innovations in three areas:
- Sustainable innovations in health
- Sustainable innovations in the economy
- Sustainable innovations in urban living
Think outside your discipline
These multifaceted themes demand the joint efforts of experts from the sciences and humanities alike. They require knowledge of energy, climate dynamics, food, technology, and health. But insights into the dynamics of societies, law and economics, languages and cultures, or history and philosophy are just as essential.
The issues transcend national and cultural borders. Therefore the programme aims at a substantial participation of international students and is taught in English. Learn more about the Young Innovators.
Graduate honours interdisciplinary seminars
Are you an ambitious Master’s student looking for an intellectual challenge? Then apply to join our Graduate Honours Interdisciplinary Seminars!
This is a series of small-scale seminars, three to four meetings each, about the focus areas of research at Utrecht University. The topics will be diverse; ranging from global health issues and transition towards sustainability, to trends in youth culture and the philosophy of science. The seminars are hosted by distinguished researchers. Through close discussions with these researchers, you will get a better understanding of what it means to carry out interdisciplinary research, what obstacles researchers face, how to create a good research set-up and how to communicate about it with researchers from other disciplines as well as laymen.
The programme takes one year (7.5 EC). Would you like to know more about this programme? Read more about the Graduate Honours Interdisciplinary Seminars.
QBIO HONOURS MASTER'S PROGRAMME
First-year Master’s students of the Utrecht University Graduate School of Natural Sciences (GSNS) or Life Sciences (GSLS) can enroll in the QBio honours programme while continuing their Master’s programme.