Our LLM programmes:
- Have an outstanding reputation;
- Will provide you access to international corporations and law firms, the International Court of Justice, the International Criminal Court and many other international judicial organisations located in The Hague, Brussels, Geneva and Straatsburg;
- Allow you the flexibility to compose your own curriculum according to your interests and talents.
We invite you to explore our English taught offer of LLM studies
- European Law with two distinctive tracks: General EU Law or European Criminal Law and Human Rights
- Public International Law with two distinctive tracks: Oceans, the Environment and Sustainability or Human Rights
- Law and Economics with an LLM-track and a MSc-track
- Legal Research: Dynamics of Law in European and International Context
- Global Criminology (MA) with two distinctive tracks: Global Crime or Crime, Punishment and Security
- European Governance (MSc)
As a student at Utrecht University (UU), you will be studying at one of the world's top universities. Based on the internationally recognised Shanghai Ranking, Utrecht is ranked the best research university in the Netherlands. Utrecht University has been the best ranking Dutch university since the first ARWU ranking published in 2003. In 2018, Utrecht University is ranked 14th in Europe and 51st worldwide. According to the World University Rankings 2019 by subject Law, Utrecht University School of Law occupies the 33rd place. More information about Utrecht University.
Utrecht University School of Law offers its students an inspirational and interdisciplinary environment for study and work, ranging from a beautiful and historic city campus to a completely renovated University library in the former palace of King Louis Napoleon and to rich cultural programmes. You will have access to a wide range of high-quality facilities such as Wi-Fi, cross-campus library access, and online access to academic books, journals, and databases. More information about student facilities.
The Faculty of Law Economics and Governance offers scholarships to a number of highly talented prospective students to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance. This is the so called LEG International Talent Scholarship programme. Besides this programme Utrecht University, the Dutch Government and other organisations offer scholarships, fellowships and grants. Please find a list of scholarships opportunities over here.