Income tax

The employer must deduct from your gross wages income tax and ‘social premiums’ that provide disability pay and unemployment benefits. In principle, the employer will deduct these 'social premiums' from your pay before you get it. As an employee you will also be insured against the consequences of an accident on the job. In some cases you may be required to file a tax return. Please refer to the website of de Belastingdienst (tax authorities).

Burger Service Number

The Burger Service Number (BSN) is an unique identification number. You receive this number automatically when you register with the city. You need this number for several governmental institutions, such as the tax office. Your employer also needs this number to be able to pay your wages.