Eligible candidates: U.S. citizens who are registered with selective service, attending a participating school, working towards a degree and making satisfactory academic progress.
Average amount of loan: dependent on personal financial situation and level of studies.
Provided by: American Federal Government.
Utrecht University is certified for Federal Direct and PLUS loans. Please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov or www.studentloans.gov for a general explanation of the application procedure. The Federal School Code for Utrecht University is G22095 and is listed under foreign schools. Please note that the application procedure for foreign schools is somewhat different. We have designed an US Loans Student Guide to provide you with important information regarding financial aid and eligibility.
Unfortunately, we do not receive any automatic messages telling us that you have applied for one of the loans. In order for us to know that you would like to take out a loan, you will have to contact us yourself after you have filed your Student Aid Report with FAFSA. You can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April – May: Inform us that you wish to take out loans
- June: Determination eligibility and certification loans by Utrecht University
- August: You will receive an award letter with information on your certified loans and terms and conditions
- September: First Disbursement after deduction tuition fee
- February: Second Disbursement after deduction tuition fee