Highly talented prospective students from China, Hong Kong (SAR) and Macao (SAR)
Amount of scholarship
€ 7.500 Euro
Number of scholarships/year
Deadline for scholarship application
Please refer to the website.
Aim of the programme
The Orange Tulip Scholarship offers highly talented prospective students from China the opportunity to pursue a degree at Utrecht University:
International Master’s programmes offered by the following Graduate Schools:
- Graduate School of Geosciences
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance
- Graduate School of Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Note that Master's programmes that are privately funded are not eligible.
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship. The applicant should:
- Be a citizen of China and currently be residing in China;
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary school or university diploma;
- Have been admitted to one of the Master’s programme within one of the Graduate Schools mentioned above;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa.
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Duration and number of scholarships
One scholarship is awarded each year to a highly talented prospective student, for the duration of one academic year.
Amount of scholarship
The selected student is awarded a scholarship of 7.500 Euro. Students should be aware that the grant is not a full scholarship, and that it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance study and stay completely. As one of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands, students from abroad must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
Selection criteria and application
Applicants for the Orange Tulip Scholarship can apply through the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in China. Please refer to this website for more information.
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for the Orange Tulip Scholarship.