The main components of this two-year Master’s programme (120 EC) are practical research training and advanced theoretical education. The aim of the research projects is to train you as an independent researcher. The programme can only be followed full-time.
The programme includes the following components, with the specified credit load:
- Major Research Project (51 ECTS)
- Minor Research Project (33 ECTS)
- Theoretical courses (15 ECTS)
- Electives (12 ECTS)
- Writing assignment (7.5 ECTS)
- Introduction course plus seminars (1.5 ECTS)
- Master’s Thesis: You will write a Master’s thesis to demonstrate your ability to provide a clear overview of recent literature addressing the topic in question. The thesis will contain both a discussion/evaluation of hypotheses and a personal view. Alternatively, you may write a scientific research proposal in the format of an NWO Top Talent application, or a scientific proposal in the format of a STW/EU application.