Academic and professional knowledge and skills
After having completed the Master's programme in Energy Science, you will:
- Have technical and natural scientific knowledge on how society produces and uses energy
- Have knowledge on the consequences of energy production and use for people, the economy, the environment and future generations
- Be familiar with the most important research methods for energy system analysis and can apply these methods in research on energy and material systems.
- Be able to design strategies to make energy systems sustainable and place those in a multidisciplinary context.
- Be able to conduct new interdisciplinary research on energy systems at various scales (micro, regional, national and international) in a creative and independent way
- Be able to work in a multidisciplinary setting and communicate research results and conclusions to a public of specialist and non-specialists.
- Have insight in the science-society interface and are able to reflect critically upon the roles of science and technology in society.