- Learn from experienced practitioners from the field
- Tailor the programme to your ambitions and interests
- Be part of a small and international community
- Experience the advantages of a multidisciplinary approach
- Ideal preparation for a career in a wide range of companies and institutions
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) offers the following English-taught Master's programmes:
- Banking and Finance (1 year, fulltime)
- Business Development and Entrepreneurship (1 year, fulltime)
- Economic Policy (1 year, fulltime)
- International Management (1 year, fulltime)
- Financial Management (1 year, fulltime)
- Law and Economics (1 year, fulltime)
- Research Master: Multidisciplinary Economics (2 years, fulltime)
The Real World Perspective
The statement ‘the real-world perspective’ summarises succinctly U.S.E.’s mission. It indicates a strong awareness of the complex socio-economic reality: human behaviour is not always ‘rational’ and markets are not always in equilibrium. Institutions are important in understanding economic dynamics and so are the dimensions of time and space. The real world perspective leads to a multidisciplinary-economics approach, a research profile that favours crossing borders between academic disciplines, but also – within the economics discipline – between economics and business. U.S.E. aims to contribute to a society where people thrive, by taking a broad view on welfare and all factors involved. Well-being, cooperation, innovation and curiosity are the core values in the academic profile of U.S.E.
As a student at Utrecht University (UU), you will be studying at one of the world's top universities. The Shanghai Ranking places UU as the top research university in the Netherlands, 17th in Europe, and 56th in the world. More information about Utrecht University.
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is located in the attractive grounds of University College Utrecht. The campus is approximately ten minutes by bicycle from Utrecht’s beautiful historic city centre and is very close to De Uithof, our main campus. You will have access to a wide range of high-quality facilities such as Wi-Fi, cross-campus library access, and online access to academic books, journals, and databases. More information about student facilities.