Exposure to the labour market
The Cultural History Master’s offers you the following exposure to the labour market:
- Study trips and field visits within the framework of tutorials.
- Guest lectures from cultural historians employed at social institutions.
- The Cultural History seminar, which effectively prepares you to come into contact with, acquire information about, and introduce yourselve to actual employers.
- An internship, which puts you in the position to gain experience in the work done by a cultural historian at a social institution.
- A thesis and presentation of research results that have been collected at (for example) heritage institutions or museums.
Career Services offers events, tests, coaching and training in and outside your Master's programme, related to professional self-analysis, career orientation and job application skills. You can find more information about career services on Career Services for Dutch students or Career Services for international students.
Career Night Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities organises a Career Night Humanities with interesting partners who will illustrate the diversity in career opportunities for humanities graduates and give you possibilities to develop yourself by joining their projects or attending their services. Read more about Career Night Humanities (in Dutch).
Once a year Utrecht University organises a Careers Day. This Careers Day offers the opportunity to sign up for workshops and trainings, and to meet recruiters at the careers fair. It’s also possible to participate in a job application training or have your résumé checked.