This Master's programme admits students based on the following requirements:
- motivation, talent and learning ability;
- level of knowledge and general and research skills in the relevant field;
- general academic level of thinking and working;
- command of the language or languages of instruction.
We will also assess whether you are capable of completing the Master's programme within the set period. If deficiencies are found with regard to the required knowledge and skills, which can be remedied with a course load of max 30 EC, you first must successfully finish a premaster programme before you can start this Master’s programme. The Admissions Committee will determine which courses are required in your specific case. Read more about the fees for a pre-master programme.
What if you have a Bachelor’s degree in psychology or another non-technical area?
Many students who have a Bachelor’s degree in a non-technical area (e.g., psychology) contact us to enquire how to adhere to the admission requirements for technical courses. This always needs to be tailored to individual students’ backgrounds. However, in the past, we have advised students in psychology to take the following courses to obtain some general background in AI, logics and programming. The courses and codes are the names and codes of (Dutch-language) courses in Utrecht:
- A general introduction to Artificial Intelligene: Kunstmatige Intelligentie (INFOB2KI, teaching period 2)
- A general introduction to formal logic such as: Inleiding Logica (KI1V13001, teaching period 1) or Logica voor Informatica (INFOB1LI, teaching period 2)
- A general introduction to programming, such as: Imperatief Programmeren (INFOIMP, teaching period 1, time slot D) or Modelleren en Programmeren (KI1V13009, teaching period 2, time slot D)
You can find information on these courses in Utrecht in Osiris.
You can either take these courses in Utrecht as Pre-Master’s programme or during your Dutch Bachelor’s degree, or see whether you can take equivalent courses at your home university. When in doubt, please contact us.