How we are working towards a better world
- Open mind, open attitude, open science We are working towards a better world. Five guiding principles are central to our strategy: collaboration across borders, future-proof teaching culture, a close-knit community, sustainable development and open science.
- Our coronavirus research The coronavirus has an enormous impact on our society. And over a long period of time. We work interdisciplinarily to combat the virus and to find solutions to the social issues that the virus brings with it.
- Decoding the exposome The exposome, our physical living environment, is the the biggest influencer on our health. How can we move towards a healthier living environment?
- Remote teaching Everywhere, teachers are looking for ways to continue their teaching remotely. We like to share the knowledge and experience we have built up for different types of teaching.
Facts and figures
Our students appreciate the many options available within our 154 Master's programmes.
Every year, more than 600 Utrecht PhD candidates obtain their doctorate.
With over 35,000 students we are one of the largest Dutch universities.
We were founded in 1636, when the provincial government elevated the Illustrious School to an academic university.
- Behnaz Wasighi and Roshi FlippoDebuut Buddies
Debuut, a Utrecht University programme, pairs primary schoolchildren whose close family did not study at a university with students such as Roshi.
- Ries AgterbergEditor-in-chief of DUB
Fifty years ago, an independent Utrecht University magazine was founded. To celebrate this moment, DUB (digital Ublad) created an anniversary magazine about 50 years of student life.
- John de Wit, Nanna VerhoeffCelebrating differences
Professor Nanna Verhoeff and Professor John de Wit about diversity: "Diversity is a powerful thing and has the potential for infinite variety."
- Marije ElschotContract manager
A waste free university, Marije Elschot is here to make this happen. How? By starting a zero waste coalition, together with our suppliers.