Other medieval manuscripts
An overview of the other medieval manuscripts from the Special Collections of Utrecht University Library.
- 'De divinis moribus' & 'De beatitudine' From manuscript to printed work: a Utrecht convolute spotlighted.
- 'Inscriptiones Urbis Romae Latinae' About Inscriptiones Urbis Romae Latinae which contains texts of classical Roman inscriptions.
- Moralia in Job by Gregorius Magnus The text of the Moralia in Job by church father Gregory the Great has served as a theological treatise on Christian ethics.
- 'Profectus religiosorum' About the mansucript Profectus religiosorum (Hs. 1020 (5 F 18)) ; a textbook for monks
- 'Rosarium Jesu et Mariae' by Jacobus van Gruitrode A 15th century manuscript "Rosarium Jesu et Mariae" by the Carthusian monk Jacobus van Gruitrode.
- 'Sacramentary' (fragment) About two half pages from a 9th-century sacramentary: texts for the Mass.
- Antiphonary fragments A collection of twenty folios of manuscript fragments which were once part of a 12th century antiphonary.
- Collectarius Chapter of St. Mary The 12th-century collectarius of the chapter of St. Mary's shows traces of intensive use. It seems that some changes were made in this book of hours.
- Egmond Brevier One page from Egmond Breviary (433 pages), acquired by Utrecht University Library in 1960.
- Book of hours & prayers ca 1430 About a medieval book of hours and book of prayers from ca. 1430.
- Middle Dutch Book of Hours A book of hours, dating from the 15th century, full of animals in the margins of the miniatures.
- Coptic manuscripts In 1956 Utrecht University Library acquired some special papyri and parchment manuscripts, containing unique texts.
- St. Mary's church bible About the St. Mary's Church bible; a medieval bible written in Utrecht.
- Martinellum This martinellum is a collection of texts about Saint Martin of Tours (316/317-397).
- Martyrologium cisterciense (fragments) About some Martyrologia; medieval catalogues of matyrs.
- The Weesp missal About the remarkable journey of manuscript 3 A 2, the Weesp missal.