When visiting the Utrecht University Botanic Gardens the following house rules apply.
- Access to the University Utrecht Botanic Gardens only with a valid entrance ticket or a Museum Pass, Friends Pass and only during opening hours. (10 AM tot 4.30 PM from March till December.
- Stay on the paths. Lawns may be walked on.
- The Botanic Gardens are accessible to wheelchairs, with the exception of parts of the Rock Garden.
- Dogs, with the exception of assistance dogs, and other animals are not allowed.
- Children until 13 years old should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Use of (balance) bikes, scooters, drones and balls are not allowed.
- The Botanic Gardens and the Utrecht Science Park are smoke-free zones. Smoking is not allowed.
- You are not allowed to bring your own food and beverages to the terrace of the Garden Café Botanica. Picnicking is allowed at other places in the Gardens, with the exception of alcoholic beverages.
- Photography and filming are permitted for personal use. For commercial photography, please contact email@example.com.
- Picking, taking or eating plants, fruits, seeds, mushrooms, eggs, caterpillars, butterflies or other animals is not allowed.
- There are poisonous plants throughout the Gardens and there are water features that may be hazardous for children, so keep them near.
- By entering the Utrecht University Botanic Gardens, you accept our exclusion of any liability for damage in any sense whatsoever that might befall you or yours during your stay at the Botanic Gardens. You enter the Botanic Gardens at your own risk.
- Employees of the Gardens may take photographs on the day of your visit and use them for publication. If you object, you can indicate this to our photographer (recognisable by a jacket with 'photographer'). You can also object to the use of photographs in which you are recognisable by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.