Utrecht University researchers may call on our Open Access Fund to have their expenses for open access publications partly reimbursed.
50% of the costs will be refunded to the faculty/department where you are employed as (corresponding) author. You must also meet the requirements. In the case of journal articles: as of 1 June 2018 a maximumof €1000 will be refunded for each article.
Any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Access Fund applications
Please apply for reimbursement by filling in the Open Access Fund application form, and attach a scan of your invoice. If your application meets the requirements below, 50% of the costs will be refunded to the faculty/department where the (corresponding) author is employed, up to a maximum of €1000 in the case of journal articles. Your application will be confirmed. Please contact the library beforehand if you want the costs for open access books refunded.
Please note: payment from the Open Access Fund is paid in arrears and only to divisions of Utrecht University or the University Medical Center Utrecht
Requirements Utrecht University Open Access Fund
- You are corresponding author of the article and employed by Utrecht University or the University Medical Center Utrecht.
- You do not receive a publication grant from NWO or other parties.The fund is only set up for costs made by Utrecht University or the University Medical Center Utrecht.
- You submit your request with invoice at the Open Access Fund as soon as possible, but in any case within six months of publication.
- You publish in a full open access journal of high quality and reliability. The journal is listed in the Directory of Open access Journals (DOAJ).
- Open access books must meet the demands as made in the Directory of Open access Books (DOAB). This means that the book is published under an open access licence (such as a Creative Commons licence) and that peer review has taken place before the publication.
- The full text of the publication must be placed in the Utrecht University Repository as soon as possible after its publication.
Questions about the Open Access Fund
Any questions? Please send an email to email@example.com