Students theses for most study programmes at Utrecht University should be uploaded in the digital Student Theses Archive. You'll find some guidelines on this page. Some faculties may ask for additional requirements or use different procedures.
Submitting a thesis to the Student Theses Archive
- Upload your thesis via Online Theses
- Upload the definitive version of your thesis without comments and remarks
- Theses should be submitted in PDF. This way they will remain permanently accessible and readable. If you want to submit your thesis in a different format, please contact the library via email@example.com to inquire about the possibilities.
- For procedures in your faculty please contact your faculty student desk.
Submitting a thesis, information by faculty
Ask your supervisor or your faculty student desk for specific rules regarding your study programme.
- Veterinary Medicine has a different procedure for submitting theses.
- Information about submitting theses for Humanities
- Geosciences: add keywords (max.10) and an abstract, all of them in the language used in the thesis
- Social sciences: Submit your thesis and the completed form to your teacher, which allows for uploading in the archive. If you opt for an embargo, indicate this on the form.
- For the procedures in your faculty please contact your faculty student desk.
- For Veterinary Medicine, please contact Prof. V.P.M.G. Rutten, chair of the Master Education Committee ‘Research Traineeship’ if you have any subject-related questions concerning the research traineeship report.
- If you have other questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org