Students theses for most study programmes at Utrecht University should be uploaded in the digital Student Theses Archive. You'll find some guidelines on this page. Some faculties may ask for additional requirements or use different procedures.
Submitting a thesis to the Student Theses Archive
- Upload your thesis via Online Theses
- Upload the definitive version of your thesis without comments and remarks
- Theses should be submitted in PDF. This way they will remain permanently accessible and readable. If you want to submit your thesis in a different format, please contact the library via firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the possibilities.
Submitting a thesis, information by faculty
Ask your supervisor or your faculty student desk for specific rules regarding your study programme.
- Veterinary Medicine has a different procedure for submitting theses (in Dutch).
- Humanities: information about submitting theses
- Geosciences: add keywords (max.10) and an abstract, all of them in the language used in the thesis
- Social sciences: submit your thesis and the completed form to your teacher, which allows for uploading in the archive. If you opt for an embargo, indicate this on the form.