Please note: Library services are affected by the measures against the spread of the coronavirus.
Read more on the changes in our services.
Read here all you need to know about borrowing material at Utrecht University Library
Borrowing or consulting material
- You need a library card to borrow material.
- You may browse the books on the shelves or check them out with the self-issue machines.
- You may borrow up to thirty books at one time. Do you want to borrow more items? Please fill in the application form or ask at the service desk.
If you do not have a library card or if you do not want one, you can consult material when in the library with the free reading room card. Please note: in order to make requests, your reading room card must be linked to your guest Solis ID
Requesting or reserving
- You request library material via WorldCat. You will be notified by email when your request is availabe for collection on the reservation shelves in the library you selected. You have seven days to pick it up.
- Material that is not immediately available (because it is on loan by other borrowers) can be reserved.
- The standard loan period is 28 days. Some materials may have a different loan period.
- You may renew the loan period.
- You will be fined if you do not return or renew the material in time.
Please submit this form.
See the lending regulations.