Facilities University Library Uithof
- Study places
- Looking for peace and quiet?
- Are there two of you?
- Do you need a computer?
- Do you need a network for your laptop?
- Searching without logging in
- How to save or exhange files
- Photocopying, printing and scanning
- Where are the printers?
Check Studyspot for a free computer. There are over 700 individual study places in the building, with or without computers. When you stay away from your study place for more than 30 minutes, your things will be put aside and another visitor may take your place. N.B.: Saving study places for fellow students is not allowed.
There are 22 individual study rooms (mezzanine, third and sixth floor). These study rooms are only for Utrecht University staff and students. You do not need to reserve these rooms. Please borrow the key at the service desk on the first floor. See the conditions of use of the individual study rooms. All rooms occupied? The fourth floor and part of the second and sixth floor are fitted out as silence areas.
There are 4 double study rooms. In each room you will find a computer. Similar to the individual study rooms they can only be used by Utrecht University staff and students. You do not need to reserve these rooms. Please borrow the key at the service desk on the first floor. See the conditions of use of the double study rooms.
- 3rd floor, Social Sciences, room 3.5 (2 persons)
- 3rd floor, Social Sciences, room 3.10 (2 persons)
- 6th floor, Theology, room 6.1 (2 persons)
- 6th floor, Theology, room 6.2 (2 persons)
Please note: on the 6th floor, Special Collections Reading Room, you will find room 626 (6 persons) only for consulting material from the Special Collections. See the conditions of use Consultation room.
We also offer the possibility to book group study rooms online
Log in to the computers with your Solis ID. Make sure you log off again when you're done, to prevent abuse. Please note when you take a break: after 20 minutes you will be automatically logged off and someone else may use the computer. You can also ask for a laptop at the desk.
With your laptop you can use the wireless internet (choose Eduroam).
On several floors you will find catalogue computers. You can use these computers to check the catalogue or floor plans without having to log in. It is not possible to give print jobs from these computers.
- Via the U-disk (for Utrecht University staff and students). After having logged in, every Utrecht University student has a U-disk of 50 MB at their disposal.
- By sending an e-mail to yourself.
- Via the temp-directory. Please note: this directory will be erased at the end of each day.
- By using a USB stick (or memory stick). At the Central Desk 32MB memory sticks are sold.
All Utrecht University printers/copiers offer the possibility of photocopying, printing and scanning
1st floor, room 122, 3 machines
2nd floor,room 247, 2 machines
4th floor, room 411, 1 machine
6th floor, room 609, 1 machine