Are you looking for books? On this page you will find information on how to search for books at Utrecht University Library.
Search engines for books
Base your search on data such as author, title, edition etc. The following search engines include print books as well as e-books:
- WorldCat (Utrecht University Library.and libraries around the world)
- Karlsruher Virtueller Katalog (KVK)
- Google books
- Open Library
- Amazon / Bol.com
- Book reviews in papers, journals, on websites
- Literature references in reading lists and footnotes in books and journal articles
Do you have questions about finding and reading e-books? Please visit the page on e-books.
Search by topic
If you want to find books on a certain topic we recommend you to use the options below.
- Google Books searches the content of books. (Want to find out more? See LibGuide Google Books)
- On publishers' websites and on commercial sites of organisations such as Amazon, Bol.com and Bruna you will find more information.
In a catalogue you will often find information on the book as a whole, but no information about the separate book chapters. This is most true for print books.
How to get hold of the book(s)?
- You can request books in WorldCat by clicking held by or de title of the book and then clicking request item via UBU.
- Book not available in Utrecht University Library?
- Do you think that the publication should be in the collection of Utrecht University Library? You could always submit a purchase suggestion.