Connecting to the Yoda Network Disk using Windows Native WebDAV
Configuring Yoda using the native Windows WebDAV client
1) Open your file explorer and select ‘This PC’.
2) Open the ‘Computer’ menu item and select 'Map network drive'.
3) Select a drive letter, for example Y or Z. Any available letter is okay.
4) Enter the address of your research environment in the ‘Folder’ field.
Certain faculties and research programs have their own Yoda portal. Your data manager has provided you with the exact URL after your registration.
5) Check the boxes ‘Reconnect at sign-in' and 'Connect using different credentials' and click on ‘Finish’.
6) Log in using your credentials.
The user name is your email address (in lowercase) and your password is the Data Access Password you created (see Using Data Access Passwords). After you have logged in, you have access to your research group.
The explorer screen will now show the folders you have access to.
Increasing maximum file size
By default, the native WebDAV client only works with files smaller than 50 MB. You can increase this limit to 4 GB if you have a local administrator account:
- Open the registry editor by pressing the start button, entering “regedit” and pressing the enter key.
- If you are asked whether the registry editor should be allowed to change the system settings, confirm.
- Navigate to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters
- Open the FileSizeLimitInBytes key
- Set it to FFFFFFFF (hexadecimal)
- Click on the “OK” button and close the registry editor
- Restart your computer