About our research
All research activities of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences are carried out within the Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences (UIPS).
Its mission is to carry out high-quality fundamental research in the pharmaceutical sciences. Specifically, to perform conceptual research focused on the discovery, development, and use of drugs. In addition, research scientists are trained in the field of the pharmaceutical sciences within the UIPS.
The scientific research of the UIPS centers on gene function and structure-function relationships of peptides and proteins that play a role in the recognition of molecules by the immune system and in signal transduction and integration in the nervous system. The guiding theme of this research is the discovery, development, and use of drugs.
People, bright minds, are ofcourse central to our ambitions. Meet some of our researchers here:
- Roos Masereeuw
- Gert Storm
- Johan Garssen
- Anke-Hilse Maitland-van der Zee
- Enrico Mastrobattista
- Albert Heck, and again with regards to his Spinoza award
- Tina Vermonden, Celia Berkers and Nathaniel Martin present themselves on the Young Investigators Forum of Science for Life
- Tina Vermonden and Celia Berkers interviewed as Women in science
- PhD candidates Yvette Luijkx, Linsey Raaijmakers and Suzy Varderidou compete for Breaking Science 2017
- Maarten Altelaar
The Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences consists of five divisions: