The Urban Futures Studio organises an annual ‘mixed classroom course’, an exciting new form of education for ambitious policymakers and students. The aim of this course is to give participants an understanding of the techniques developed for knowing and anticipating the future in view of the planetary crisis of the 21th century. Participation in this course offers students the possibility to reflect on possible circular futures and gain hands-on experience in connecting ideas to action in collaboration with policymakers, on topics that are both scientifically innovative and societally urgent.
During the course, participants will study and reflect on existing and new practices like scenario planning, back casting, design thinking and science fiction. This years course ends with a presentation by students in a form a Circular Economy Museum 2050. The previous closing sessions were the Mobility Museum 2050, Coach for Conversation and the Uninvited Futuring Exhibition
- Application deadline: 23 September 2019
- Period 2 (11-11-2019 t/m 31-01-2020)
- This course can be followed for both 5EC and 7.5EC
- A pre-selection applies to this course
- Course days are Wednesday (2-5pm) and Friday (all day)
- For more information contact course coordinator dr. Jesse Hoffman