Support for researchers
Utrecht University provides extensive support to researchers on various subjects.
- Research Support Offices Faculty RSOs support researchers throughout the entire process of gaining grants. Think along the lines of advice, information, proof reading, examples, help in drawing up a budget plan, data management, ethical questions, administrative data, etc.
- Research Funding Academy University-wide support in applying for external research funds, including writing workshops, information sessions and information materials.
- Research Data Management Support A one-stop-shop for personal advice, solutions and workshops in the fields of data-management planning, storage and archiving, privacy and legal aspects, and publishing.
- Open Science support Help in making research findable, accessible, exchangeable and reusable. This is about the research process and the research results (including data), and how this can be as accessible as possible for everyone.
- Publishing support The University Library provides various services in the field of science communication.
- Public engagement Advice, assistance, tips and training programmes in setting up public-engagement activities.
- Copyright The Copyright Information Office assists researchers in copyright matters.
- Research ethics and integrity Research at UU must be carried out in an ethically responsible manner. Various bodies can help.
- Other research support from faculties Various faculties offer extra research support for their researchers (additional to their RSO).
- From research to startup Are you considering starting your own business based on your research? This guide contains all the necessary information and support services available to you.
- Utrecht Holdings Utrecht Holdings provides support in the fields of knowledge transfer, commercialisation of knowledge, IP rights and spin-offs.
- Online blog training for researchers Would you like to share your research and perspective with the world? Are you considering to start writing blogs to do so? We can help you on your way with this blog training,
- Workshops Career Services for postdocs and temporary lecturers From August 2021, Utrecht University is running a pilot in which part of the 'PhD only' workshops of the UU Career Services will be open to temporary lecturers and postdocs from Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht.
- Development programmes academic staff Utrecht University invests in the talent of academic staff through a diverse range of development programmes.
- Gender Equality Plan (GEP) Our Gender Equality Plan describes what Utrecht University does to encounter gender equality (and much more), what training we offer, which dedicated resources and expertise are involved, what target numbers have been agreed upon, et cetera.