Nico van Kampen Colloquium in Theoretical Physics
Schedule 2022-2023 Nico van Kampen Colloquium
Colloquia will be in a hybrid or virtual format (on MS Teams or Starleaf) and will begin at 4pm, unless stated differently.
2022-2023 SEMESTER I
1. Sep 14, W37, host: Cristiane Morais Smith; Speaker: Gerard 't Hooft; Location: BOL 1.206 and V-ITP MS Teams
2. Sep 28, W39, host: Lars Fritz; speaker: Jonah Waissman (Hebrew Univeristy, Jerusalem), Location: V-ITP MS Teams
3. Oct 12, W41, host: Eric Plauschinn; speaker: Thomas van Riet (KU Leuven); Location: BOL 1.206 and/or V-ITP MS Teams
Oct 14: SPECIAL COLLOQUIUM [Celebration of the 75th birhtday of Gerard `t Hooft]: Frank Wilczek, EDUCATORIUM-THEATRON
4. Oct 26, W43, host: Nora Elisa Chisari; speaker: Dr. Tessa Baker (Queen Mary University of London), Location: BOL 1.206 and/or V-ITP MS Teams
Nov 09, W45: EXAM WEEK
Second period begins on Monday 14 November 2022 (week 46)
5. Nov 23, W47, host: Rembert Duine; speaker: Henk Stoof (ITP, UU), Location: Ruppert ROOD and V-ITP MS Teams
Sinterklaas (Dec 5)
6. Dec 07, W49, host: Gerard 't Hooft; speaker: Astrid Eichhorn (University of Southern Denmark), Location: V-ITP MS Teams
7. Dec 21, W51, host: Farshid Jafarpour ; speaker: , Location: Ruppert ROOD and/or V-ITP MS Teams
December 25-26 : Christmas Day [Kerstdag]
Winter break: Monday 26 December -- Friday 6 January (week 52 en week 1)
8. Jan 18, W03, host: Thomas Grimm ; speaker: , Location: Ruppert ROOD and/or V-ITP MS Teams
Physics@Veldhoven takes place on 25 and 26 January 2022 (week 4).
Jan 29 - Feb 5: EXAM WEEK (week 5)
Third period begins: Monday 6 February 2023 (week 6)
9. Feb 15, W07, host: Joost de Graaf, speaker: Randy (Randall) Kamien; Location:
10. Mar 1, W09, host: Dirk Shuricht; speaker: Andreas Klümper (Wuppertal University), Location:
11. Mar 15, W11, host: Eric Laenen; speaker: Michael Borinsky (ETH Zurich), Location:
12. Mar 29, W13, host: Umut Gursoy and Gerard `t Hooft; speaker: Sabine Hosenfelder, Location:
13. Apr 12, W15, host: Stefan Vandoren; speaker: , Location:
Good Friday [Goede Vrijdag] (07 April), Easter [Pasen] (09 and 10 April)
14. Apr 26, W17, NO COLLOQUIUM (King’s Day)
Fourth period begins: Monday 24 April 2023 (week 17)
King’s Day [Koningsdag] (April 27); Liberation Day [Bevrijdingsdag] (5 May)
15. May 10, W19, host: New Faculty (particle physics); speaker: , Location:
Ascension Day [Hemelvaart] (18 May)
16. May 24, W21, host: Tanja Hinderer; speaker: , Location:
Whitsun [Pinksteren] (28 May)
17. Jun 07, W23, host: Bela Mulder and Rene van Roij ; speaker: ; Location:
18. Jun 21, W25, host: Tomislav Prokopec; speaker: Lavinia Heisenberg (ETH Zurich and Heidelberg); Location:
Until further notice the Nico van Kampen Colloquium is held online via MS Teams or occasionally via Zoom. If you are not a member of the V-ITP Team, subscribe to the mailing list to receive the links.
- Koningsberger Building, (KBG), lecture rooms ATLAS, COSMOS or PANGEA, Budapestlaan 4a-b, Utrecht
- Willem C. van Unnikgebouw, lecture room 211, Heidelberglaan 2, Utrecht
- Ruppert Building, lecture rooms Wit, Paars or Blauw, Leuvenlaan 21, Utrecht
- Educatorium, lecture room Theatron, Leuvenlaan 19, Utrecht
Tomislav Prokopec (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To receive announcements for The Nico van Kampen Colloquium in Theoretical Physics please subscribe to the mailing list.
Note that according to the rules, students are required to attend 18 colloquia to complete the course.
Furthermore, supervisors in the second year should write colloquium attendance as student’s (bi-)weekly activity.