HPS in Utrecht
The HPS staff are all members of the Descartes Centre for the History and Philosophy of the Sciences and the Humanities.
Many of our staff members and students are involved in editorial work for academic journals, including:
- Isis, the leading journal in the history of science. Several of our graduate and PhD students work at the editorial office, which has recently moved to Utrecht
- Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics is edited by Dennis Dieks and former Utrecht staff member Jos Uffink.
- Foundations of Physics is edited by Gerard ‘t Hooft; Fedde Benedictus is managing editor.
- Lias, Journal of Early Modern Intellectual Culture and its Sources is edited by Dirk van Miert
- Studium, published by Gewina, the Dutch-Belgian Society for the History of Science and Universities.
- and finally, Shells and Pebbles is a blog about history of science. It is maintained by a group of PhD students.
We closely collaborate in several ways with:
- Huygens Institute of Netherlands History, The Hague
- Museum Boerhaave for the History of Science and Medicine, Leiden
- University of Amsterdam, especially the Vossius Center for History of Humanities and Sciences
- VU University of Amsterdam (including the Stevin Centre)
History of Science also works with:
The Digital Humanities group also collaborates with: