For recent achievements and activities, please see princebernhardchair.org.
Achievements of 30 years Prince Bernhard Chair
Over the last 30+ years, the Prince Bernhard Chair contributed to linking conservation science and practice.
- BSc, MSc and PhD students, including many from developing countries, were trained in conservation issues by Prince Bernhard Chair holders and affiliated lecturers
- junior scientists from developing countries have been trained in conservation science and now apply their skills at important positions (United Nations, ministries, leading conservation organizations)
- research and training projects have been conducted on conservation and sustainable use of ecosystems in South America, Asia and Africa
- PhD theses and scientific articles related to international nature conservation have been published
- professionals in conservation have attended seminars and lectures by Chair holders
- strong links between universities, conservation organizations and governments have been created
The Prince Bernhard Chair will continue to serve nature conservation in the future through:
- Continuing to improve the science-practice dialogue in conservation and publicize new scientific insights
- Organizing seminars on current themes in international conservation
- Teaching courses in conservation science, for both Dutch and international students and researchers