Our research activities are based on collaboration with external partners, including private foundations. We maintain close connections with educational, cultural and heritage institutes, and in our digital humanities’ projects we cooperate with various national libraries and museums. We carry out commissioned research, provide guest lectures on cultural-historical topics and reach out to wider audiences through regular appearances in the media.
The following list offers an indication of the way Cultural History researchers have shared their knowledge in recent years:
- TED-talk by Joes Segal on art and politics (2012).
- Undergraduate students in public history, led by Hendrik Henrichs contributed to the Expedition Wikipedia project (2014) by donating digitised materials from the collections of the Utrecht University Library and the University Museum to Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons, and by writing Wikipedia lemma's.
- Radio interview with Joris van Eijnatten (2014).
- Koningsbiografieën (2013), commissioned by the Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds and Utrecht University, resulting in biographies of:
- International Journal for History Culture and Modernity (2013 - ...) - editors of this open access journal include Joris van Eijnatten, Ed Jonker, Willemijn Ruberg and Joes Segal.
- Biography of the reformer of Dutch psychiatry Schroeder van der Kolk 1797-1862 (2012), by Joost Vijselaar.
- Joost Vijselaar was interviewed by Wim Brands in the television programme Boeken about his book Het gesticht, enkele reis of retour (2010).
- Biography of Abraham Kuyper, 1837-1920 (2006) by Jeroen Koch, commissioned by Stichting Dr. Abraham Kuyperfonds and NWO.
- Leen Dorsman acts as co-editor of the popular history journal Tijdschrift Oud-Utrecht, and gives guided tours at the Utrecht University Museum.
Does your organisation or company want more information about commissioned research or related activities? Please contact Dr Joost Dankers, +31 (0)30 253 9145.