- You are aged between 20 and 40 and working or studying at Utrecht University / UMC Utrecht / Hubrecht Institute / Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology.
- You think you can explain a scientific concept in just three minutes
- You are available to participate during:
- The training sessions
- One of the heats
- The Breaking Science Final
- You will commit yourself for the whole process (training, heat, final).
- You are able to motivate what you are hoping to gain (professionally or personally).
- You will raise awareness for this competition (invite friends/family/colleagues).
If there are more applicants than the maximum amount of contestants, candidates will be selected based on their motivation (see application form).
Unfortunately, we cannot except:
People who are already working professionally in public engagement with science, including:
- Press or PR officers
- Artists who work on science-related themes
- Performers whose shows are about science or engineering
- Science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly with the public
- Journalists and broadcasters (as their main or only job)
- Non-specialist teachers