''Use theoretical concepts of veterinary epidemiology in practice.''
Learn the basic principles of veterinary epidemiology. The aim of this 12-weeks course is to make you familiar with all the basic principles of veterinary epidemiology. In every learning unit, a specific veterinary epidemiology topic will be discussed, illustrated and combined with practical data analysis tasks and/or reading assignments, for an interactive learning experience.
This course consists of two parts. The first part will make you familiar with the concepts of veterinary epidemiology illustrated by basic computer practicals. The second part will teach you epidemiological data analysis in more depth, by using open-source statistical software R.
- Time investment:
- 12 weeks 14 hrs/w
- Faculty of Medicine
- Partner organisation:
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Fee: This fee is exempt from VAT
- € 1285
After studying this unit you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of veterinary epidemiology
- Use theoretical concepts of veterinary epidemiology in practice
- Perform basic test evaluations and sample size calculations
- Organize and perform veterinary epidemiological studies
- Understand the basics of outbreak investigation and risk analysis
- Understand and evaluate epidemiological publications
- Know the basics of infectious disease modeling
Please contact our Educational Office:
088 75 69710