Due to the ageing of society and the rising costs in healthcare, there is an urgent need for innovation in health care to improve the quality of health care services. In addition, there is a growing demand among patients, insurers, and governments for improving the quality of health care and increasing patient safety. The core topics of this course are innovation and improvement of quality of care.
Quality of Healthcare
- Entry requirements:
A Master's degree in the field of Health and Life Sciences
- Start date(s):
- 2 September 2019
- Time investment:
- 210 hours (7.5 EC)
- University Medical Center Utrecht
- Faculty of Medicine
- Fee: This fee is exempt from VAT
- € 930
- Extra information:
- At the end of this course, the theoretical knowledge will be examined by submitting a practical assignment in the form of a thesis (100% of your final grade). At the end of every Learning Unit (LU) you will find a small theoretical test. They have no influence on your final score, but give you insight whether you understood the essentials of the concerning LU.
- To successfully complete this course you need to participate actively in the discussion forums and complete the learning unit assignments. You need also need to complete and submit your practical assignment (peer-collaboration) with grade >5.5 (the practical assignment should be written in English).
- The course is in English and your practical assignment should be written in English as well. However, conversations in this course with your peers or the moderators/content experts can be in Dutch. If you prefer to improve your English, you are free to conversate in English.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- identify quality problems and best practice
- develop, perform and interpret a problem analysis and context analysis
- develop and perform a part of the plan for improvement
- describe the contexts of quality of healthcare
During this course you will be supported by online moderators and content experts. You can ask questions in the discussion fora or by emailing the moderators. There are various feedbackmoments where the moderators will give feedback on your practical assignment. Prior to handing in your final assignment, a face-to-face meeting is planned to request an oral explanation of the feedback received.