Do you want to learn the theory behind presenting? Do you want to present your topic with confidence? Are you interested in learning how to manage stress before a presentation? Then you are suited for this course.
Presenting your research (in English)
- Suitable for:
- PhD students
- Start date(s):
- Spring 2020
- Time investment:
- 4 meetings of 3.5 hours
- To be announced
- Onderwijsadvies & Training
- Fee: This fee is exempt from VAT
- €775,- (UU staff) / €920,- (other participants)
This course, which is taught in English, will address the following topics:
- How to prepare a presentation (determining the aim of the presentation; considering the audience; deciding on content & structure)
- How to give a presentation (verbal and nonverbal aspects; stress management; audiovisual materials)
Participants will present and will receive extensive feedback; their contributions will also be videotaped. In addition to the course dates, all participants will get the opportunity for an individual meeting with one of the trainers for analyzing the presentations.
Spring 2020, precise dates yet to be determined.
This course represents 0.5 EC.
The maximum number of participants is 8.
About Educational Consultancy & Professional Development
Educational Consultancy & Professional Development translates academic insights into the daily practice of teaching. As a teaching professional you can come to us throughout the course of your career for training, advice and solutions tailored to your specific teaching-related needs. Visit our website.