In this course we will discuss what teaching in English means for you as a non-native speaker and how you can use compensation techniques and state clear expectations to students. We provide practical tools and ideas to encourage spoken output and interaction, to support the use of high-level academic English, and to provide feedback on spoken and written output of students. You will work with your own course materials.
Effective Teaching in English
- Suitable for:
- Dutch and international teachers in higher education who (will) teach in English as a second language
- Start date(s):
- This course has not been scheduled yet. Please contact us if you are interested.
- Time investment:
- 20 hours (12 hours of meetings and 8 hours of self study)
- To be announced
- Onderwijsadvies & Training
- Fee: This fee is exempt from VAT
- €470,- (UU/UMC staff), €634,- (other participants)
- Extra information:
A customized course is possible
About Educational Consultancy & Professional Development
Educational Consultancy & Professional Development translates academic insights into the daily practice of teaching. As a teaching professional you can come to us throughout the course of your career for training, advice and solutions tailored to your specific teaching-related needs. Visit our website.