Tenure track Assistant Professor in International Economics/Macroeconomics/Sustainable Development (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
- Hours per week:
- 28 to 40
- Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance
- Utrecht University School of Economics
- Application deadline:
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a tenure track Assistant Professor. Candidates with an interest in international economics, macroeconomics or sustainable development are invited to apply. The candidate is expected to publish in international peer-reviewed journals and to contribute to the research of the Economics section of U.S.E. and Utrecht University’s strategic themes Institutions for Open Societies and Pathways to Sustainability. Candidates are also expected to teach in the school's Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes. All courses are taught in English.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- hold a doctorate in economics or provide verifiable information on the timing of the completion of this doctorate;
- have a potential for excellence in research, a willingness to acquire funding, and to target publications in good international peer-reviewed journals;
- have knowledge of and experience with different research methods;
- be willing to pursue the Utrecht University Basic Teaching Qualification, strive for innovative teaching methods, and be able to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate level (prior teaching experience is an advantage);
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills and can work independently as well as within a team;
- display potential in a broad set of scientific competencies (management-education-research-impact-teamplayer) and be inspired by Open Science;
- have a strong command of spoken and written English.
USE offers a tenure track position (0.8-1.0 FTE) as an Assistant Professor for a period of six years, after which the candidate can be appointed as an Assistant Professor with tenure. During the tenure track period 40% of the position is reserved for research and 60% is dedicated to teaching activities. The tenure decision is based on the USE tenure track policy. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.
About the organisation
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance is a faculty at the heart of society, with a strong focus on social issues. Our subjects of law, economics and governance give us a strong mix of academic disciplines that complement and enhance each other. This is a unique combination and a mark of our faculty's strength.
The candidate will become a member of the Economics Section at the Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.), which is part of the Law, Economics, and Governance Faculty of Utrecht University. U.S.E. aims to contribute to an economy where people flourish, by taking a broad view on welfare and its causes. We aspire to be an internationally renowned school of economics, with scientifically rigorous and societally relevant research and education. We enrich economics with other disciplines to better solve problems and identify opportunities, from a business and government point of view. Well-being, cooperation, innovation and curiosity are our core values. U.S.E. maintains an excellent international network of academic relationships and is continuously working on extending this network.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation via the ‘apply’ button below.
The application deadline is 8 May 2021.