Online Event Coordinator (0.8 FTE)
- Hours per week:
- 30 to 32
- University Administration
- Directie C&M
- Application deadline:
Would you like to organize online events for international students from all over the world? And provide them with all the information they need to start their application, learn about housing in the Netherlands and the Dutch student culture? Do you have a creative mind and enjoy being in front of the camera? Utrecht University wants to attract talented and diverse international students and in order to further achieve this goal we are looking for an Online Event Coordinator (0.8 FTE) to create, plan, set up and execute online events for prospective international students.
What will you be doing?
As our Online Event Coordinator you will be responsible for developing and executing online events for international (Bachelor's and Master's) students and for admitted students who will soon arrive at Utrecht University. It is your job to help explain important pre-arrival information and to make them feel welcome at our university.
- You will represent Utrecht University at online events, and become a familiar face for new international students.
- You will be given a lot of freedom to be creative and try out different set-ups, platforms and concepts.
- You will organize events for students from all over the world in different time zones. This could also be in the evening or at weekends.
- You will be working together with our panel of international students and with the colleagues of the international marketing team.
- You will be working closely with internal departments including International Student Admissions, Scholarship and Visa Officers, faculties and Housing Officers. They will provide the information, It is up to you to decide how to frame the message.
- You will be responsible for the promotion of your online events (in collaboration with our Social Media Manager).
- You will interact with prospective students, their parents or their school counsellors as well.
This is you:
- recently graduated in marketing, communications or a related field;
- responsible, approachable and structured;
- creative and outgoing;
- you like being in front of the camera and enjoy public speaking;
- you can handle last-minute hick-ups and can keep a show going in a moment of crisis;
- affinity/experience with (professional) media production, lights - camera - action;
- you like working with people from all over the world with different backgrounds;
- you don’t mind occasionally working evenings and weekends;
- a great command of the English language;
- affinity with the target group (maybe you are an international student or you have been an exchange student yourself).
We offer a temporary position (0.8 FTE) for a period of one year. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,656 and €3,548 (scale 8 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.
About the organisation
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
You will become part of the Marketing Department, responsible for the recruitment of national and international students for Utrecht University’s full-degree programmes. We also develop new communication and marketing initiatives at university and faculty level.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Menno Kramer (Senior Advisor International Marketing), via email@example.com.
Preferred starting date is 1 August 2021.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
Do you think this is the job for you? To apply, please send your curriculum vitae via the ‘apply’ button below. To be considered for the position, also upload a short video (2-3 min) where you promote studying at Utrecht University, based on your research of the information on our website. Use your communication skills and creativity to create a captivating video!
The application deadline is 19 April 2021.