Junior Lecturer in Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology (1.0 FTE)
- Hours per week:
- 36 to 40
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Department Population Health Sciences
- Application deadline:
Are you a Veterinarian, interested in learning more about comparative pharmacology and toxicology in different animal species? Do you want to improve veterinary care by contributing to the safe and effective use of medicines in veterinary patients? Then you should consider joining our enthusiastic team at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Utrecht University. As a Junior Lecturer in our group you will:
- teach clinical pharmacology and toxicology to veterinary students (Bachelor's and Master's);
- participate in clinical rounds and patient discussions with students;
- consult with Clinicians on pharmacotherapy and pharmacy related questions;
- conduct applied research to answer questions that are directly relevant to patient care. The quality of this research is expected to be sufficient for presentations at national and international conferences and for publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- have the possibility to enter the residency programme of the European College of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology;
- have the possibility to participate in the University Teaching Qualification programme to obtain the basic University Teaching Qualification.
- a veterinary degree from an EAEVE or AVMA accredited programme;
- at least one year of clinical experience;
- an interest in, and willingness to learn, veterinary and comparative pharmacology and toxicology;
- an interest in clinical research.
- You enjoy working in a team.
- You are proficient in English and (preferably) Dutch.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE, 0.8 FTE is possible by mutual agreement) for a period of four years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,790 and €4,402 (scale 10 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.
About the organisation
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine has a unique position in the Netherlands. Not only is this the only institution where Veterinarians are trained, but is also where Researchers are working together on innovative scientific research. In addition, the faculty provides specialist clinical care in the largest academic veterinary hospital in Europe. Thanks to this position, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is a point of contact for all veterinary matters, both nationally and increasingly internationally. The faculty employs approximately 900 Veterinarians, Scientists and support staff and counts 1,500 students.
The Division of Veterinary and Comparative Pharmacology (One Health Pharma) is embedded in the Institute of Risk Assessment Sciences of the Department of Population Health Sciences. We are a team of Veterinarians, Pharmacists and Scientists, who are heavily involved in the training of future Veterinarians as well as the conduction of applied and fundamental comparative pharmacological research. Our network within the veterinary and pharmacology community extends to other faculties and universities in the Netherlands and beyond.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation via the button below.
The application deadline is 31 October 2021.