For years, U.S.E. has conducted research on the developments of the labour market, often in cooperation with Law and Sociology. For instance, the project School2work focuses on the transition of intermediate vocational students from school to work.
Another example is the project Activating senior potential in an ageing Europe. This European funded project showed which measures regarding raising the pensionable age were successful in several European countries.
Key Publications (selection)
- Wolter Hassink, Yusuf Emre Akgündüz, Marcel van den Berg (2018), “The Impact of the Syrian Refugee Crisis on Firm Entry and Performance in Turkey,” The World Bank Economic Review, (2018), vol. 32 (1), pp. 19-40
- Autor, D., & Salomons, A. (2018). Is automation labor-displacing? Productivity growth, employment, and the labor share. Brookings Papers on Economic Activity. forthcoming
- Buhai, I. S., Portela, M. A., Teulings, C. N., & van Vuuren, A. (2014). Returns to tenure or seniority?. Econometrica, 82(2), 705-730.
- Salomons A., Maarten G., Manning A. (2014), Explaining Job Polarization: Routine-Biased Technological Change and Offshoring, American Economic Review, 104(8): 2509-2526.
- Kalwij A., Alessie R., Knoef M. (2013), The Association Between Individual Income and Remaining Life Expectancy at the Age of 65 in the Netherlands, Demography, 50(1): 181-206.
More information: Future of Work.
Have a look at all research themes of the U.S.E. Research Institute.