You can become a visiting student at University College Utrecht if you wish to take one or more individual courses.
You can also be registered as a visiting student, if you are an alumnus/alumna doing an internship for which university enrolment is required.
- Former education:
- Either an admissible secondary school diploma (more information)
- Or a University GPA of at least 3.0, from a finished or unfinished degree
- Specific course prerequisites (to be found in the course outlines)
- English proficiency (more information)
- Letter of motivation - UCU is a selective small-scale college; describe how you will fit in and contribute.
- No visa support can be provided
- UU students cannot register themselves through Osiris.
- Visiting students are placed in leftover places in courses (max group size is 28). This means you will likely only hear about availability one week prior to the start of the semester.
- No application fee
- No extra charges for Utrecht University students
- For students registered at another Dutch Higher Education institution: € 250 per course
- For all others: € 1,000 per course
Dates and deadlines:
UCU offers two semesters and a summer term. These dates do NOT align with UU blocks. See exact dates in the course outlines.
- Fall semester courses by 1 August
- Spring semester courses by 1 January
- Summer term courses by 1 May
Utrecht University students
Email your course wishes to email@example.com and attach proof of the above listed requirements.
University College Utrecht alumni doing an internship for which enrolment is required can become visiting students for the duration of their internship. The internship has to start within one year after graduating from University College Utrecht, and has to be completed within one academic year. All visiting internship students pay 500 euros contribution to the UCU Scholarship Fund.
Once accepted, fill in this internship agreement.