You can become a visiting student if you wish to take one more individual courses at University College Utrecht. (Note: If you would like to take a course elsewhere at Utrecht University, please contact that department directly.)
You can also be registered as a visiting student, if you are an alum doing an internship for which university enrolment is required.
- Former education:
- Either an admissible secondary school diploma (more information)
- Or a University GPA of at least 3.0, from a finished or unfinished degree
- Specific course prerequisites (to be found in the course outlines)
- English proficiency (more information)
- Letter of motivation - UCU is a selective small-scale college; describe how you will fit in and contribute.
- No visa support can be provided
- UU students cannot register themselves through Osiris.
- Visiting students are placed in leftover places in courses (max group size is 28). This means you will likely only hear about availability one week prior to the start of the semester.
- No application fee
- No extra charges for Utrecht University students
- For students registered at another Dutch Higher Education institution: € 250 per course
- For all others: € 1,000 per course
Dates and deadlines:
UCU offers two semesters and a summer term. These dates do NOT align with UU blocks. See exact dates in the course outlines.
- Fall semester courses by 1 August
- Spring semester courses by 1 January
- Summer term courses by 1 May
Utrecht University students
Email your course wishes to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach proof of the above listed requirements.
Complete the application form.
Sign and email it to email@example.com and attach proof of the above listed requirements; together with a copy of your photo ID.
Recent University College Utrecht graduates doing an internship for which enrolment is required can become visiting students for the duration of their internship.
- The internship has to start and end within one year after your graduation from University College Utrecht
- You are expected to submit a brief (approx. 2 pages) internship reflection report, describing your internship activities and your personal learning development, to the UCU Futures Centre within 2 weeks upon completion of your internship
- All visiting internship students pay 500 euros contribution to the UCU Scholarship Fund.
- Ask your host supervisor to (partly) complete and sign the Internship Agreement Form (English form/Dutch form)
- Complete and sign the UCU Visiting Student Application form.
- Submit both documents to the UCU Futures Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org), together with a copy of your photo ID.
- Once your application is accepted, the UCU Futures Centre will forward your application to the Registrar’s Office for further administration, and to the Finance Office for sending you an invoice for the contribution.
Please note: Registering as a visiting student upon graduation only allows you to do the course or internship you registered for. It does not entail prolonging your enrolment as a regular full degree student at UCU.