If you want to apply to UCU as an incoming exchange student, please follow the procedure below.
How to apply?
- You must be nominated by your university to be eligible for admission to UCU. You can only apply as an incoming exchange student if your university is an exchange partner of UCU or UU
- Your university sends UCU a list of nominated students
- Nominated students are invited to submit their applications to UCU online. Once you are nominated by your home university, we e-mail you the application instructions which will include a link to the online application portal. If you have not received this e-mail, this might be because your home university has not nominated you with us yet – please check this with them before approaching us. The deadline for submitting online applications for Spring 2019 will be October 1, 2018.
- Your application will be assessed by the UCU International Office, after which we will inform you by e-mail about the result.
Criteria of judgment are the same as for all applicants at UCU:
- academic excellence and curiosity
- ambition and motivation, academically as well as professionally
- broad intellectual orientation
- interest in contributing to campus life
- social engagement
- affinity with living and studying in an international environment
Sometimes a student will have an additional telephone interview with the Exchange Officer. In general the students will be accepted when they are nominated by a UCU exchange partner. Final decisions of admission are taken by the UCU Director of Education.
After acceptance (decisions taken after the application deadline), the UCU Admissions Office informs your home university and will send you an invitation letter and acceptance form.