- Founded in 1998 as the first university college in the Netherlands.
- 3 departments (Humanities, Social Sciences, Science), 24 fields, 2 Double Degree programmes (Law and Physics).
- Around 1,000 applicants annually, around 250 accepted.
- 750 students, 70 different nationalities. In 2018, 666 students studied for a degree, the remaining were exchange students. (See graphic.)
Facts and Figures
- 52 exchange partner universities around the world.
- About 50% of the students are Dutch, about 50% international. See the top non-Dutch nationalities in the graphic.
- 227 students graduated in 2018.
- Class sizes of 20 students on average (maximum of 28 per class).
The Keuzegids (Dutch study choice guide) assesses about 400 bachelor programs on success rates, quality of education, quality of teaching, facilities and more. University College Utrecht has been awarded the Top Rated Programme quality seal since 2013 annually. We score particularly well on quality of the study programme and the lecturers, and are praised by experts.
University College Utrecht is accredited by the NVAO, the Accreditation Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders. We have consistently been in the top 5 in Elsevier Magazine’s survey among Dutch institutes of higher education, and are rated positively by our students in the annual National Student Survey (Nationale Studentenenquête or NSE).
Several university rankings rank Utrecht University as the best university in the Netherlands and among the top 20 universities in Europe. Read more about Utrecht University in rankings.